MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College softball team split a double header with Huntington on Monday afternoon, earning their sixth win of the season in game two. The Pilots were no-hit in game one, losing 4-0, before earning the bounce back win in game two 6-2.
- Game 1 Score: Huntington def. Bethel 4-0
- Game 2 Score: Bethel def. Huntington 6-2
- Records: Bethel (6-18, 3-11) | Huntington (8-12, 4-6)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Huntington – not rated
- Location: Gardner Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
GAME 1 STAT TRACKER
GAME 2 STAT TRACKER
- Quinn Slattman: 2-4, RBI, R, SB
- Brooke Stoltz: 2-3, R; 7.0 IP, W, 5 H, 1 ER, 5 K
- Maribelle Castro: 3-3, RBI, 2 R
INSIDE THE BOXSCORES
- The Pilots were held without a hit for the second time this season in game one.
- Brooke Stoltz earned the win in game two, allowing just one earned run in the complete game effort.
- Maribelle Castro recorded her fifth career multi-hit game in the night cap.
- Quinn Slattman stole her 17th base of the season in game two. She now has more stolen bases this team than the Pilots had all of last year as a team.
- The Pilots’ win in game two was their sixth of the season, the most in a single season since 2015 and the most under head coach Scott Reese.
- The Pilots return to Gardner Field on Tuesday to take on the University of Saint Francis in a double header beginning at 3 pm.