TUCSON, Ariz. – The Bethel College softball team got their season underway on Saturday afternoon, splitting a pair of games in the Tucson Invitational Games. Madonna (Mich.) defeated the Pilots 10-1 in the first game of the day as the Pilots offense managed just two hits before the offense broke through in game two, exploding for a 12-4 victory over Presentation (S.D.), which saw the Pilots busy on the base paths with ten hits, nine walks, and nine stolen bases.
- Game 1 Score: Madonna def. Bethel 10-1 (5 innings)
- Game 2 Score: Bethel def. Presentation 12-4 (6 innings)
- Records: Bethel (1-1) | Madonna (6-2) | Presentation (1-9)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Madonna – not rated | Presentation – not rated
- Location: Tucson Invitational Games | Lincoln Park | Tucson, Ariz.
GAME 1 STAT TRACKER
GAME 2 STAT TRACKER
- Quinn Slattman: 1-2, RBI, 2 R, 3 BB, 3 SB
- Hunter Brummett: 2-4, 3 RBI
- Hannah Darling: 2-3, R, 2 SB
- Megan Riley: 2-3, 2B, RBI, R, SB
- Maribelle Castro: 2-3 2B, RBI, 3 R
INSIDE THE BOXSCORES
- The Pilots only managed four baserunners in game one against Madonna.
- The Pilots belted out ten hits, including three extra base hits, while also drawing nine walks, and stole nine bases in game two against Presentation.
- Haley Stinson earned the win in her season debut, allowing 4 earned runs in 4.2 innings pitched. Danica Mast pitched 1.1 innings of no-hit ball in her first action since 2017.
- The Pilots return to action on Monday in the Tucson Invitational Games on Monday against Benedictine (Kan.) at 3:30 pm ET and Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.) at 8:00 pm ET.