Pilots Split Day One of Columbia’s Fall Classic
COLUMBIA, Mo. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s volleyball team finished the first day of the Hampton Inn Fall Classic hosted by Columbia (Mo.) on Friday night and split a pair of matches, falling in three sets to the hosts and NAIA No. 3 Cougars, before sweeping William Woods (Mo.) in three sets to end the day.
- Match 1 Score: Columbia def. Bethel 3-0
- Match 2 Score: Bethel def. William Woods 3-0
- Records: Bethel (8-15) | Columbia (24-2) | William Woods (17-9)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Columbia– No. 3 | William Woods – not rated
- Location: Southwell Complex | Columbia College | Columbia, Mo.
MATCH 1 STAT TRACKER
- Kassandra Williams: 7 kills, .438 hit pct.
- Madison Rosenberger: 6 kills, .222 hit pct.
- Payton Anderson: 23 assists, 2 kills
- Madyson Beaver: 6 kills, .250 hit pct.
MATCH 2 STAT TRACKER
- Madyson Beaver: 10 kills, .240 hit pct.
- Kathryn Novy: 8 kills, 2 blocks
- Payton Anderson: 31 assists, 5 kills
- Madison Rosenberger: 7 kills, .308 hit pct.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots’ .202 hitting percentage against William Woods was their lowest in a winning match this season.
- The Pilots managed just 12 block assists in the two matches combined.
- Madyson Beaver is averaging 2.75 kills per set since September 15, a span of 11 matches.
QUOTES FROM COACH WEISS
- “We played a good match against 3rd-ranked Columbia but could not overcome their tough offense. I’m very proud of the teamwork and grit our team displayed. We never gave up and kept pushing until the very end.”
- “Great three-set win against William Woods. We played unified and had a blast; that’s always a win for us.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots continue Saturday in the Hampton Inn Fall Classic, where they will take on No. 5 Missouri Baptist at 10:00 am ET and John Brown (Ark.) at 2:00 pm ET.