Pilots Survive Bees, Avoid Upset
DUBUQUE, Iowa – The Bethel College Pilots men’s basketball team used an 8-3 run over the final 123 seconds to defeat Saint Ambrose (Iowa) 77-72 on Saturday afternoon. The Pilots led by as many as 10 points in the game, but could not find the knockout punch, in committing 17 turnovers and allowing 12 offensive rebounds to the Bees.
- Game Score: Bethel def. Saint Ambrose 77-72
- Records: Bethel (4-0) | Saint Ambrose (2-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – No. 23 | Saint Ambrose – not rated
- Location: Kehl Center | Clarke University | Dubuque, Iowa
- Trevion Crews: 21 pts, 9 reb, 8-9 ft
- Paul Forman: 16 pts, 7 reb, 6-8 ft
- Ryan Lutz: 11 pts, 3 reb, 3-5 3-pt
- Kyle Hartman: 5 pts, 2 ast, 3 stl
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots allowed 12 offensive rebounds in the game—but held Saint Amrose to just 6 second chance points.
- The Pilots forced their opponent into 22 turnovers, their second-most this season—and scored 9 points off turnovers.
- Trevion Crews scored at least 20 points in his third game this season and a team-high 9 rebounds. The sophomore is now averaging 20.0 points and 6.7 rebounds per game to open his career.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to action on Tuesday, November 6 when they travel to Chicago to take on (RV) Roosevelt (Ill.) at 7:00 pm ET.