Pilots Extend Winning Streak to Four Matches
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s volleyball team extended their winning streak to four matches, their longest since winning six straight early in the 2015 season with a three-set sweep of Concordia (Mich.) on Saturday afternoon.The Pilots also evened their season record at five wins and five losses.
- Score:Bethel def. Concordia 3-0
- Records: Bethel (5-5) | Concordia (1-5)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Concordia – not rated
- Location:Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kassandra Williams: 10 kills, .500 hit pct.
- Payton Anderson: 30 assists, 5 kills, .556 hit pct.
- Payton Hart: 4 service aces, 4 kills
- Malerie Mech: 7 kills
- Bridget Downs: 18 digs
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots’ current four-match winning streak is their longest since winning six straight matches from August 22 to September 4, 2015.
- Payton Hart recorded a career-high 4 service aces in the match, breaking her previous career high of 3 set on Friday against Goshen.
- Kassandra Williams has now notched double-digit kills in seven of ten matches this season and is averaging 2.73 kills per set this season.
- Payton Anderson needs just 22 assists to reach 2,000 for her career.
QUOTES FROM COACH WEISS
- “It was not our best volleyball today, but it is always good to win. I am thankful for the depth of our bench which helped us finish the win in three games.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return to Crossroads League play on Wednesday, September 12 when they welcome Taylor (Ind.) to the Wiekamp Athletic Center for a 5:00 pm start.