Pilots Pound Home Second Straight Road Win in League
SPRING ARBOR, Mich. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s volleyball team, in two of the longest road trips for Bethel teams—first to Mount Vernon Nazarene last Wednesday and then to Spring Arbor—returned to Mishawaka with wins in both, after defeating the Spring Arbor Cougars in four sets on Wednesday night in Crossroads League action.
- Score: Bethel def. Spring Arbor 3-1
- Records: Bethel (3-5, 2-0) | Spring Arbor (9-3, 0-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – not rated
- Location: McDonald Athletic Center | Spring Arbor University | Spring Arbor, Mich.
- Malerie Mech: 11 kills, 6 digs, 2 blocks
- Payton Anderson: 35 assists, 7 kills, .500 hit pct.
- Kassandra Williams: 9 kills, 4 blocks, .333 hit pct.
- Bridget Downs: 23 digs, 5 assists
- Madison Rosenberger: 10 digs, 2 aces
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots won two straight matches on the road to open Crossroads League play for the first time since September 8-10, 2010 against Marian and Saint Francis.
- Malerie Mech recorded a team-high 11 kills. It’s her fourth match of the year with double-digit kills.
- Madison Rosenberger aced a match-high 2 serves on the night to give her a team-leading 7 service aces this season.
- Payton Anderson is nearing 2,000 assists for her career, sitting at 1,914 after Wednesday’s match.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return home for their first match of the season in the Gates Gymnasium on Friday, September 7 at 7:00 pm when they welcome in the Goshen Maple Leafs.