MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University women’s volleyball team cruised to their first Crossroad League win of the season, defeating Spring Arbor in three straight sets on Wednesday evening. The Pilots held the Cougars’ attack in check all match long and responded on the attack for the sweep.
- Score: Bethel def. Spring Arbor 25-13, 25-8, 25-21
- Records: Bethel (6-12, 1-4) | Spring Arbor (4-6, 0-5)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – not rated
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Payton Hart – 12 kills, 15 digs
- Kelsey Feddema – 10 kills, .421 hit percentage
- Madyson Beaver – 30 assists, 3 service aces, .400 hit percentage
- Abby Armold – 1 solo block, 4 block assists
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots hit 28.4-percent in the match, their highest attack percentage since their season-opening win over Concordia.
- The Pilots served up 11 service aces, the fourth match this season they reached double-digit aces.
- Kelsey Feddema recorded a career-high 10 kills and led the Pilots with a .421 hit percentage.
- Payton Hart recorded her fourth double-double of the season with 12 kills and 15 digs.
- The 8 points allowed in set two were the fewest allowed by the Pilots in a set all season.
- The 10 hitting errors committed by the Pilots matched a season-best mark.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Goshen to take on the Goshen Maple Leafs in Crossroads League play on Friday at 7:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “Outstanding win tonight! We were focused and determined to play our game tonight. Great job by each player on the floor who played their roles well.”