Pilots Split Day One of SHU Invitational
ADRIAN, Mich. – The Bethel University women’s volleyball team split the first day of the Siena Heights University on Friday night, losing in three sets to Roosevelt before notching a win against host Siena Heights in three sets. Madyson Beaver impacted the day in all facets, totaling 14 kills, 46 assists, 11 digs, and 3 blocks assists across both matches.
- Match 1 Score: Roosevelt def. Bethel 25-21, 30-28, 25-20
- Match 2 Score: Bethel def. Siena Heights 27-25, 25-17, 25-21
- Records: Bethel (3-4) | Roosevelt (1-0) | Siena Heights (0-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Roosevelt – not rated | Siena Heights – not rated
- Location:SHU Fieldhouse | Siena Heights University | Adrian, Mich.
MATCH 1 vs. ROOSEVELT STAT TRACKER
- Payton Hart: 10 kills, .391 hit percentage
- Calsey Gruzdov: 8 kills
- Madyson Beaver: 18 assists, 7 digs, 6 kills
- Abby Armold: 4 kills, 2 block assists
MATCH 2 vs. SIENA HEIGHTS STAT TRACKER
- Payton Hart: 13 kills, 8 digs, 3 block assists
- Abby Armold: 9 kills, .412 hit percentage, 5 block assists
- Madyson Beaver: 28 assists, 8 kills, .583 hit percentage
- Sue Vandygriff: 4 block assists, 2 kills
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots recorded 20 block assists in the win over host Siena Heights, including at least three block assists by five different Pilots.
- Payton Hart has recorded double-digit kills in five of seven matches this year. She came into the match ranked No. 31 in the NAIA with 3.890 kills per game.
- Abby Armold recorded 7 block assists on the day. She has recorded at least 2 total blocks in all seven matches this season and came into the day ranking No. 48 in the NAIA with 1.050 blocks per game.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots continue in the Siena Heights Invitational in Adrian, Michigan on Saturday with two matches.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “Our passing was off in our first match of the day and our offense couldn’t connect. We were able to turn that around against SHU. We passed well and got the win.”