Pilots Come from Behind to Beat Taylor, Win Third Straight
MISHAWAKA – Bethel Volleyball battle back from losing the first set to take the next three and beat Taylor 3-1. The Pilots notched their third straight win as Isabelle North recorded 12 kills and 3.5 total blocks in the victory.
- Score: Bethel def. Taylor 25-27, 25-22, 25-23, 25-19
- Records: Bethel (3-1, 3-1) | Taylor (1-4, 1-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Taylor – NR
- Location:Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Isabelle North: 12 kills, 5 block assists, 36.0 hit percentage
- Payton Hart: 9 kills, 14 digs
- Madyson Beaver: 6 kills, 30 assists, 10 digs, 45.5 hit percentage
- Cheyanne Seymour: 7 kills
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots were up 23-20 in the first set but could not close the deal and fell behind early 1-0.
- The Pilots battled back from down 16-9 in a pivotal third set to grab the lead at 23-22 and close off a 2-1 lead.
- The Pilots tallied 11.0 total blocks (2.750 per game). Entering play tonight, the Pilots ranked sixth in the NAIA in blocks per game at 2.750.
- The Pilots have won three straight Crossroads League matches (against Goshen, Spring Arbor, Taylor). It is the first time since October 18-30 last season when they beat Goshen, Taylor, and Spring Arbor in three straight matches.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Mount Vernon Nazarene on Saturday to take on the Cougars at 3:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “Great offensive game for us tonight. I’m proud of our defenders who enabled us to get good swings on the ball. Our blockers were able to shut down key hitters which led to our win.”