Pilots Overcome Slow Start to Take Down Grace
WINONA LAKE, Ind. – Bethel Volleyball overcame a 2-0 deficit and poor hitting thru two sets to take down Grace in five in a pivotal Crossroads League clash. Isabelle North recorded a double-double with 11 kills and 13 blocks—a single match program record for the Pilots.
- Score: Bethel def. Grace 17-25, 19-25, 25-14, 25-15, 15-10
- Records: Bethel (6-1, 6-1) | Grace (5-2, 5-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Grace – NR
- Location:Manahan OCC | Grace College | Winona Lake, Ind.
- Isabelle North: 11 kills, 13 blocks
- Payton Hart: 10 kills, 11 digs
- Madyson Beaver: 26 assists, 9 digs
- Maddy Payne: 7 kills, 3 blocks
- Abby Armold: 7 kills, 8 blocks
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots recorded double digit team blocks for the sixth time this season. The Pilots came into the match ranked 3rd in the NAIA in blocks per game at 3.270.
- The Pilots’ 18.0 total blocks is the second-most in the NAIA this season and their 32 block assists is second in program history.
- Isabelle North’s 13.0 blocks and 13 block assists are the most in program history in both categories.
- Abby Armold set a career high with 8 blocks.
- The Pilots fell behind 2 sets to nothing and were struggling to a -.014 hit percentage but the Pilots flipped the switch, jumping out to 7-0 and 8-0 leads in the third and fourth sets, respectively. The Pilots finished the match with a .148 hit percentage, hitting .309 in their final three sets.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots host Huntington in the Wiekamp Athletic Center on Wednesday at 7:00 pm.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “Thrilling win over Grace. We had a slow start, but then found our rhythm and controlled the rest of the match. With 18 blocks, we were able to lower their hitting percentage each set having them finish with .000! So proud of the Pilot team!”