Pilots Overpower Saint Francis in Three
MISHAWAKA – Bethel Volleyball continued their winning ways on Wednesday, overpowering Saint Francis in three sets and improving their season record to 5-1. The Pilots recorded 45 kills on a .353 attack percentage and added 10.0 more team blocks in the dominant win.
- Score: Bethel def. Saint Francis 25-17, 25-18, 25-13
- Records: Bethel (5-1, 5-1) | Saint Francis (1-4, 1-4)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – NR | Saint Francis – NR
- Location:Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Isabelle North: 10 kills, .471 attack percentage, 4 blocks
- Maddy Payne: 8 kills, .583 attack percentage, 6 blocks
- Madyson Beaver: 19 assists, 7 kills, .583 attack percentage
- Payton Hart: 9 kills, 3 service aces, .318 attack percentage
- Cheyanne Seymour: 8 kills, .375 attack percentage, 3 blocks
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots recorded double digit team blocks for the fifth time this season. The Pilots came into the match ranked 3rd in the NAIA in blocks per game at 3.210.
- The Pilots swept their opponent in three games for the third time this season and the 12th time dating back to the start of the 2019 season.
- The Pilots recorded an attack percentage of .353, their second-highest offensive output of the season.
- The reigning Crossroads League Defender of the Week Maddy Payne upped her Crossroads League best attack percentage to .422 on the season. She came into the match ranked 11th in the nation. She added eight kills and 6 more blocks.
- The Pilots blitzed the Cougars in the third and final set, racing out to a 12-1 advantage before cruising to the straight set win.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Winona Lake on Saturday at 3:00 pm to take on the Lancers of Grace College in a pivotal battle of 5-1 teams tied for second in the Crossroads League.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “Tonight’s match showcased our powerful offense and strong defense. The team is working hard to be one of the best in the conference and it shows!”