Pilots Win Decisively in Top 25 Showdown
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots men’s basketball team won their 2018-19 home opener on Tuesday night in the Wiekamp Athletic Center, handing No. 5 Indiana Tech their second straight loss to open their season, as the Pilots won by a decisive 83-69 final. Trevion Crews led the Pilots in points, rebounds, and assists for the second straight game.
- Game Score: Bethel def. Indiana Tech 83-69
- Records: Bethel (2-0) | Indiana Tech (0-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – No. 23 | Indiana Tech – No. 5
- Location:Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Trevion Crews: 26 pts, 7 rebs, 7 asts
- Paul Forman: 15 pts, 6 rebs, 4 ast, 5-7 fg
- Ryan Lutz: 13 pts, 7 reb, 3-7 3-pt
- Dominic Genco: 7 pts, 2 reb, 3 stl
- Jared DeHart: 7 pts, 2 stl, 2-3 fg
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Trevion Crews is the first Pilot since Adam Schaper in 2004-05 to record back-to-back 20-point games in his first two career games. His 50 points to start a career is the most in program history in that span.
- The Pilots used a 10-2 run to close the first half and open the second half to turn a tie ballgame into an 8-point lead just seconds after the halftime break—the final time the lead would change hands on the night.
- The Pilots are 46-4 in their last 50 regular season non-conference games, dating back to the start of the 2014-15 season, including eight wins against teams ranked or receiving votes in the NAIA DII Top 25. They are 19-0 in the Wiekamp Athletic Center in that span.
- The Pilots improve to 19-6 all-time against Indiana Tech and 13-34 all-time against teams ranked in the top five in the nation.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Dubuque, Iowa on Friday and Saturday, November 2-3 to take on Waldorf (Iowa) and Saint Ambrose (Iowa), respectively, in the Holiday Inn Express Tip-Off Classic, hosted by Clarke (Iowa).