ADRIAN, Mich. – The Bethel University women’s volleyball team lost in five sets to Northwestern Ohio in the first match of the day before sweeping Rochester in their final match on Day Two of the SHU Invitational Payton Hart was named to the All-Tournament Team after totaling 47 kills in four matches over the weekend.
- Match 1 Score: Northwestern Ohio def. Bethel 18-25, 9-25, 25-17, 25-14, 15-9
- Match 2 Score: Bethel def. Rochester 25-19, 25-20, 25-14
- Records: Bethel (4-5) | Northwestern Ohio (4-3) | Rochester (0-7)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Northwestern Ohio – not rated | Rochester – not rated
- Location: SHU Fieldhouse | Siena Heights University | Adrian, Mich.
MATCH 1 vs. NORTHWESTERN OHIO STAT TRACKER
- AJ McDonald – 12 kills, 3 block assists, .417 hit percentage
- Payton Hart – 11 kills, 8 digs
- Madyson Beaver – 25 assists, 8 service aces
- Bridget Downs – 18 digs
MATCH 2 vs. ROCHESTER STAT TRACKER
- Payton Hart – 13 kills, 7 digs
- Madyson Beaver – 34 assists
- Bridget Downs – 20 digs
- Abby Armold – 7 kills
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Payton Hart upped her season kills total to 121, eclipsing her previous season-high of 100 set last season. She entered the day ranked No. 37 in total kills.
- Madyson Beaver notched a season-high 34 assists in the match two win, the second-most assists in a single match in her career. She also recorded a career-high 8 service aces in the loss to Northwestern Ohio—tied for the fourth-most in a single match in the NAIA this season.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots continue in the Siena Heights Invitational in Adrian, Michigan on Saturday with two matches.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH WEISS
- “We had some great moments this weekend and we will continue to build our program into something great. Payton Hart has been an anchor for the team already this year. Her solid leadership and consistency on the court is crucial to our team.”