Pilots Suffer First Defeat of Season
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s soccer team faced their toughest test this season, facing Trinity Christian (Ill.)—receiving votes in the NAIA Top 25—at Morey Field on Wednesday evening and fell in their first defeat of the season 3-0.
- Score: Trinity Christian def. Bethel 3-0
- Records: Bethel (2-1-3) | Trinity Christian (6-0-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Trinity Christian– Receiving Votes
- Location: Morey Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- 3’ | Jessica Bianchi (TCC) assisted by Taylor Miller
- 29’ | Taylor Miller (TCC) assisted by Brianna Uhl
- 60’ | Selah Hopkins (TCC) assisted by Jessica Bianchi
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- This is the latest the Pilots have suffered their first loss in a season since losing in their seventh match in 2006.
- The Pilots have now lost to Trinity Christian in six consecutive matches after winning the first seven in series history.
- Tessa Zimmerly came in at halftime and made five saves in her 45 minutes in goal, allowing just one score.
QUOTES FROM COACH LINDVALL
- “Today is a great reminder for us as a team to be who we are and to play the style that we want to play. Trinity Christian is very good with their direct play and we got distracted into trying to match their style, which isn’t what we’ve trained for. Looking forward to the week ahead as we prepare for our next match.”