Pilots Win First NCCAA Title Since 2015
WINONA LAKE, Ind. – The Bethel University women’s track and field team joined in the banner celebration in winning the 2019 NCCAA Women’s Outdoor National Championship on Friday, crowning four additional national championship performances and nine more All-American performances to claim their sixth national championship in program history—the first outdoor title since 2011.
The men’s and women’s teams won the national titles at the same meet for the second time in program history and the first time at the outdoor championship. Queen Walker was named the Outstanding Performer of the Meet, winning two national titles and placing runner-up in a third event to help the Pilots with 28 points individually.
- NCCAA Outdoor National Championship: Hosted by Grace College (Ind.)
- Location:Key Track & Field Complex | Grace College | Winona Lake, Ind.
- NAIA National Track & Field Ratings Index:Women – not rated
- Standings: Women – 1st of 21
- Emma Jankowski | 800m | 2:17.02
- Emma Jankowski | 1500m | 4:54.31
- 4x400m Relay | Emily Roth, Michelle Moraitis, Leah Gouwens, Kayla Kunkel | 4:00.14
- Queen Walker | Discus Throw | 39.51m
- Queen Walker | Hammer Throw | 48.39m
- Queen Walker | Outstanding Performer of the Meet
- 800m | Emma Jankowski, 1st | Jessica Duvall, 3rd
- 1500m | Emma Jankowski, 1st
- 4x100m Relay | Alexis Jackey, Kayla Kunkel, Leah Gouwens, Emily Roth | 2nd
- 4x400m Relay | Emily Roth, Michelle Moraitis, Leah Gouwens, Kayla Kunkel | 1st
- 4x800m Relay | Jessica Duvall, Anna Nisen, Vanessa Steiner, Emma Jankowski | 3rd
- High Jump | Jessica Tuttle, 3rd
- Long Jump | Emily Roth, 2nd
- Shot Put | Queen Walker, 2nd
- Discus Throw | Queen Walker, 1st
- Hammer Throw | Queen Walker, 1st
- Heptathlon | Bekah Spencer, 3rd
THOUGHTS FROM COACH NATALI
- “I am so happy for our women’s team. With all the hard work they have put in its cool to see it pay off. They have been so supportive of the guys as they have won their championships. It’s just awesome to see them win one for themselves. Total team effort which makes it even that much more special.”
- The Pilots will send a contingent to the NAIA Outdoor Track & Field National Championship in Gulf Shores, Alabama on May 23-25.