GULF SHORES, Ala. – The Bethel University men’s and women’s track and field teams finished the final day of the NAIA Outdoor National Championship with three performances on the men’s side, recording one All-American finish, and one performance on the women’s side.
Jordan Downs earned his second All-American and runner-up finish of the Championship with a second-place mark in the men’s Pole Vault. Ryan Trick and Zach Harrah also competed in the pole vault for the men while Jessica Tuttle finished her season in the women’s high jump.
In all, the men’s track and field program recorded four All-Americans and tied their program best with 25 points and finished as the 11th-best team in the country.
· NAIA Outdoor National Championship
· Location: Mickey Miller Blackwell Stadium | Gulf Shores, Ala.
· NAIA National Track & Field Ratings Index: Men – No. 18 | Women – not rated
· Standings: Men – 11th of 77 | Women – no team score
· (FRI) Men’s Long Jump | Jordan Downs | 7.80m* | 2nd
· (FRI) Men’s Long Jump | Thomas Jackson | 7.61m | 3rd
· (FRI) Men’s High Jump | Jonah Lester | 2.05m | 5th
· (SAT) Men’s Pole Vault | Jordan Downs | 5.05m | 2nd
*Bethel program record
· (THU) Pole Vault | Danielle Wojciechowski | NH | —
· (FRI) 800m | Emma Jankowski | 2:15.25 | 14th
· (SAT) High Jump | Jessica Tuttle | 1.64m | 20th
· (THU) Hammer Throw | Bailey Lang | 52.65m | 15th
· (FRI) 110m Hurdles | Ezra Griffith | 14.89 | 23rd
· (FRI) High Jump | Matt McCown | 1.97m | 17th
· (SAT) Pole Vault | Ryan Trick | 4.55m | 23rd
· (SAT) Pole Vault | Zach Harrah | NH | —
THOUGHTS FROM COACH NATALI
· “Great end today to a phenomenal week for the Bethel track and field program. So excited for Jordan to get his second All-American performance, which gives him seven NAIA All-American honors since he’s Been at Bethel—tying him for Nichole Arnold for the most in program history. Also proud of Ryan and Zach in the pole vault with all they’ve accomplished this season, as well as Jessica who had a great day in the high jump.”
· “Overall, an amazing week for this program. The men tied a program-best for points with 25 and finished 11th in the country. This is a very special program. There’s no doubt about that. This week just proved to everyone across the country what Bethel Track and Field is all about. All praise goes to God for all He has done by being the center of all we do.”