MISHAWAKA – No. 17 Bethel Men’s Basketball dropped their final regular season home game of the season on Wednesday to (RV) Saint Francis 87-82. Nathan Aerts led all scorers with 21 points while TreVion Crews moved into the top ten in career scoring.
- Score: Saint Francis def. Bethel 87-82
- Records: Bethel (19-9, 8-7) | Saint Francis (21-7, 8-7)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 17 | Saint Francis – RV
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Nathan Aerts: 21 pts, 3 ast, 10-15 fg
- TreVion Crews: 20 pts, 4 stl, 4 ast
- Jani Griffith: 14 pts, 9 reb, 7-9 fg
- Jared DeHart: 8 pts, 5 reb, 6 ast
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots were outscored in the second half for the third straight game after going into intermission tied. They have allowed opponents to shoot above 50-percent from the field for the fourth straight game.
- TreVion Crews moved into the top ten in career scoring with 20 points to put him at 2,083 for his career, one point behind Rico Swanson and Dave Troyer for 8th in program lore.
- Despite the loss, the Pilots still control their own destiny for the 3-seed in the upcoming Crossroads League Tournament. With a win on Saturday, the Pilots would clinch the third seed. The Pilots own the tie-breaker over Saint Francis by way of splitting with Marian during the regular season, while the Cougars were swept by the Knights (split head-to-head matchups, both swept by Indiana Wesleyan).
- Nathan Aerts and Jani Griffith combined to go 17-24 from the field for 35 points.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots finish the regular season in Goshn on Saturday against the Maple Leafs at 1:00 pm .