UPLAND, Ind. – No. 11 Bethel Men’s Basketball put their three-game losing streak in the rearview on Saturday, overcoming a three-point deficit with 100 seconds left to score an 87-86 win. TreVion Crews made headlines with his 2,000th career point in the contest, while he and Jared DeHart led all scorers with 27 points apiece.
- Score: Bethel def. Taylor 87-86
- Records: Bethel (19-6, 9-4) | Taylor (11-11, 5-9)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 11 | Taylor – NR
- Location: Olde Arena | Taylor University | Upland, Ind.
- TreVion Crews: 27 pts, 7 ast, 4 reb
- Jared DeHart: 27 pts, 4 ast, 9-9 ft
- Wesley Burse: 15 pts, 3 reb, 5-6 fg
- Life Granville: 9 pts, 6 reb, 3 stl
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- TreVion Crews became the 11th player in program history to reach 2,000 career points and only the second to do it in his first three seasons in a Pilot uniform. With his 7 assists, he also surpassed 500 career assists, one of only 12 players in program history to do so. Together, he is one of four players to reach 2,000 career points and 500 career assists.
- The Pilots pulled down a season-low 25 rebounds, just four on the offensive end.
- Both teams shot over 56-percent from the field and 47-percent from three in the game.
- The Pilots improve to 10-22 all-time at Taylor.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots host Huntington on Wednesday at 7:00 pm in the Wiekamp Athletic Center.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH DRABYN
- “I am really proud of our players for the second game in a row. I told our players after the Marian loss that both teams competed, played really hard, and deserved to win the game. I say the same thing after this game with Taylor, both teams deserved to win the game.”
- “TreVion Crews was on a mission today and willed our team to the win. And how cool is it to be a 2,000-point scorer in college, not many can say that! And Jared DeHart played with the aggressiveness that he needs to play with and hit some big shots. And I thought Wesley Burse and Life Granville gave us solid production on both ends.”
- “It was a total team effort with several guys playing more minutes with 5 players injured. We look forward to getting back at it on Monday in preparation for Huntington on Wednesday.”