MARION, Ind. – No. 17 Bethel Men’s Basketball hung with No. 1 Indiana Wesleyan for 20 minutes, going into halftime tied at 47, but could not finish in a 103-83 loss to the Wildcats on Saturday. TreVion Crews did not miss a shot in a 29-point first half, but the Pilots—missing three players who accounted for 32 points in the first meeting—were outscored 56-36 in the final stanza. Crews ended with a team-high 31 points in the game.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Bethel 103-83
- Records: Bethel (19-8, 8-6) | Indiana Wesleyan (27-1, 14-1)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – No. 17 | Indiana Wesleyan – No. 1
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Ind.
- TreVion Crews: 31 pts, 10-13 fg, 6 reb, 6-8 3-pt
- Jared DeHart: 12 pts, 3 stl
- Wesley Burse: 11 pts, 5 reb, 4-8 fg
- Life Granville: 9 pts, 3 reb
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots dished out just 5 assists against 20 turnovers. They were outscored 20-8 in points off turnovers.
- The Pilots were outrebounded 37-31, while the Pilots’ four post players were held to a combined 11 rebounds. They were outscored 15-4 in second chance points.
- TreVion Crews moved within ten points of tenth on the program’s all-time scoring list with 2,065 career points.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots return home to the Wiekamp Athletic Center to take on (RV) Saint Francis on Wednesday at 7:00 pm. Prior to the game, they will honor the seniors in a short ceremony.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH DRABYN
- “This is a game that is going to make us better. I was really pleased with our response to their early run in the first half. Our guys competed, locked in defensively, and TreVion Crews put on a show offensively. I wish we were better handling their pressure to get easier baskets from other guys and we would have had a nice lead. Our recipe offensively in the first half wasn’t good with 1 assist and 10 turnovers. I thought our movement was better in the 2nd half, but we struggled to get stops.”
- “They are as good of an offensive team as we will see all year. It was more them being really good then us not giving the effort. We need to continue to get better in being more consistent with our production, purpose, and mindset to compete with the best teams in the country. I am excited for the week we have coming up.”