Top-Seed Marian Hands Softball First Tournament Loss
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. — Indiana Wesleyan softball and Taylor (Ind.) will square off on Tuesday in an elimination game that will determine which team gets the second Crossroads League automatic bid to the NAIA National Championship. Fourth ranked Marian (Ind.) defeated Indiana Wesleyan 2-0 on Monday to set up the pivotal game that will determine the automatic bid and which team advances to the league championship game vs. Marian.
- Crossroads League Tournament
- Score: Marian def. Indiana Wesleyan, 2-0
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 40-12 | Marian 43-4
- Crossroads League Tournament Seed: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 3 | Marian No. 1
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Receiving votes | Marian – No. 4
- Location: Marian Field | Marian University | Indianapolis, Indiana
- Marian advances to the Crossroads League Tournament Championship with the victory while Indiana Wesleyan falls to the loser’s bracket. Indiana Wesleyan and Taylor (Ind.) play the opening game on Tuesday with the winner advancing to face Marian in the championship and also claiming the league’s second automatic bid to the NAIA National Championship.
- Marian scored the first run in the 2nd inning. The first two batters were retired before Marian strung together three consecutive hits.
- Alex Springer earned the only Wildcat hit in the 4th inning with a one-out single.
- The Knights added an insurance run in the 6th inning via an IWU error.
- Kristen Exposito: 0-for-1, 2 BB
- Alex Springer: 1-for-3
- Kaisey Carson: L, 6.0 IP, 5 H, 2 R, ER, BB, 3 K
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan and Taylor (Ind.) play at 11 a.m. on Tuesday in the Crossroads League Tournament. The winning team advances to the league championship vs. Marian (Ind.) in addition to claiming the league’s second automatic bid to the NAIA National Championship.