MISHAWAKA – The Bethel University women’s basketball team fell to 2-3 on the season on Friday evening, losing to No. 22-ranked UM Dearborn 89-67 in the Wiekamp Athletic Center. Maggie Deboy led a solid team rebounding effort with 8 on her own, but the Pilots committed 25 turnovers and were minus-27 in points off turnovers in the game.
- Score: UM Dearborn def. Bethel 89-67
- Records: Bethel (2-3) | UM Dearborn (4-0)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | UM Dearborn – No. 22
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel University | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Maci Heimlich – 14 pts, 3 reb, 3 ast
- Maggie Deboy – 12 pts, 8 rebs, 3-4 ft
- Kelsey Brickner – 11 pts, 5 reb, 1 ast
- Jessica Erwin – 10 pts, 3 reb, 2 stl
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots committed a season-high 25 turnovers in the game and were outscored 35-8 in points off turnovers.
- The Pilots scored a season-low 10 points in the fourth quarter.
- The Pilots fall to 1-2 against Top 25-ranked team this season.
- The Pilots outrebounded the Wolverines 51-49.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Elgin, Illinois on Saturday to take on Judson at 3:00 pm ET.
THOUGHTS FROM COACH PORTER
- “The bottom line tonight was that Dearborn’s defensive pressure took us out of everything we wanted to do, and their quickness made it difficult for us to pressure them defensively. Rebounding was a bright spot but will need to work on handling the ball against aggressive teams.”