MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College softball team could not get the bats going on Tuesday afternoon against Saint Francis, falling 2-1 and 5-1 in a doubleheader. The Pilot pitching staff allowed just four earned runs combined in 14.0 innings of work, but the Pilot batting order managed just a .170 average on the day.
- Game 1 Score: Saint Francis def. Bethel 2-1
- Game 2 Score: Saint Francis def. Bethel 5-1
- Records: Bethel (6-20, 3-13) | Saint Francis (13-14, 4-8)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Saint Francis – not rated
- Location: Gardner Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
GAME 1 STAT TRACKER
- Quinn Slattman: 1-2, 3B, SB, R
- Karis Brewer: 1-3
- Hannah Darling: 1-3
- Brooke Stoltz: 7.0 IP, 1 ER, 4 K
GAME 2 STAT TRACKER
- Quinn Slattman: 1-4, 2B, RBI
- Marilyn Showalter: 2-4
- Brooke Stoltz: 1-3
- Madie Morgan: 5.0 IP, 0 ER, 4 H
INSIDE THE BOXSCORES
- The Pilots were held to just eight hits in the two games combined.
- Quinn Slattman belted out two extra-base hits on the day and added her team-leading 18th stolen base of the game.
- Madie Morgan came in relief in game two and pitched 5.0 scoreless innings.
- Brooke Stoltz lowered her team-best ERA to 5.37, allowing just one earned run over a complete-game 7.0 innings pitched.
- The Pilots return to Gardner Field on Friday for a non-conference double header against Rochester (Mich.) at 3:00 pm.