UW men’s hockey sweeps #12 Boston College
Badgers post first home sweep since February 2017
MADISON, Wis. – Sophomore forward Linus Weissbach broke a 4-4 deadlock 6:32 into the third period and the Wisconsin men’s hockey team (2-0-0) went on to a 7-5 victory over No. 12 Boston College (0-2-0) on Saturday at the Kohl Center to complete a season-opening sweep.
- UW scored just 38 seconds into the game on a Sean Dhooghe tally, though BC tied the game at 1:20 of the first.
- The Badgers never trailed and led 4-1 at one point in the second period, before the Eagles came back to tie the contest.
- Sophomore defenseman Wyatt Kalynuk led the Badgers with two goals and an assist, while sophomore forward Tarek Baker had a goal and two helpers.
- Junior goaltender Jack Berry stopped 28 shots for the victory.
- Wisconsin takes its first road trip of the season next Friday at Clarkson and Saturday at St. Lawrence in upstate New York.