MARION, Ind. – Indiana Wesleyan softball came up short Saturday, winning game one 11-8, but a Huntington comeback in game two fell short in the seventh, dropping their first game in nine attempts, 3-2.
- IWU saw three pitchers in action with Mckenzey Ridgeand Addie Benham both throwing three innings apiece while Hannah Miller threw one.
- Miranda Wehrlecollected her 11th multi-RBI game driving in four, while Mackenzie Brown collected her third of the season, also driving in four.
- Lauren Buckleystole another base, bringing her total to 122, sitting just 35 stolen bases behind Holly Weaver (Bethel College) for the most stolen bases in Crossroads League history.
- Despite mustering three more hits than HU, IWU struggled to score runners on base stranding nine in the contest.
- Wehrle and Benham pushed across the only runs for the Wildcats.
- Lauren Buckleyincreased her career stolen base total to 123, sitting just 35 stolen bases behind Holly Weaver (Bethel College) for the most stolen bases in Crossroads League history.
NEXT TIME OUT
- IWU will play their next ten games on the road, starting at Taylor on April 9 with the first pitch of the doubleheader scheduled for 4 p.m.