MARION, Ind. – Indiana Wesleyan softball won in walk-off fashion Monday, defeating Central Baptist 6-5. Sydney Williams hit a solo home run in the bottom of the eighth inning, giving IWU the edge over the Mustangs. The Wildcats built an early 3-1 lead in a tightly contested game, as it took extras to earn the opening round victory.
Each team recorded nine hits in the contest, but the Mustangs three errors proved costly. In the top of the fifth inning, Central Baptist scored three runs to take a 4-3 advantage. Indiana Wesleyan fought back in the bottom half of the inning scoring two runs of their own to regain the lead. The Mustangs tied the score in the sixth inning to force extras, setting the stage for a Williams walk off.
INSIDE THE BOX
- Kira Madlled IWU at the dish, going 2 for 3 with an RBI while scoring two runs.
- Sydney Williamshit her third home run of the 2019 campaign.
- Miranda Wehrletied things up in the third with a triple to right field scoring Kira Madl.
- Rebecca gave IWU the lead back in the bottom of the fifth, scoring Medina and Madl with a single to left-center.
- Schrad finished the game with two hits and two RBI’s.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Wildcats will face #1 Oregon Tech tomorrow at 11 a.m. EST