MARION, Ind. – Indiana Wesleyan University volleyball made quick work of Saint Francis (Ind.) to win the Crossroads League Tournament Championship for the second straight year. Senior Morgan Miller produced a huge night with 17 kills to lead the Wildcats to a 3-0 win and a NAIA National Championship bid.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan – 3 | Saint Francis – 0
- Set 1: IWU 25-19
- Set 2: IWU 25-15
- Set 3: IWU 25-17
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 27-10 | Saint Francis 14-21
- Tournament Seed: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 2 | Saint Francis – No. 5
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Receiving votes | Saint Francis – Not ranked
- Location: Luckey Arena | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
- Emily Workman: 22 assists
- Megan Graber: 4 kills, 1 solo block, 5 block assists
- Morgan Miller: 17 kills, .552 attack percentage, 3 block assists
- Katie Cole: 17 assists, 5 digs
- Tay Thomas: 11 kills, .348 attack percentage, 3 block assists
- Banner Rodgers: 11 digs, 4 assists, 1 ace
- Indiana Wesleyan wins the Crossroads League Tournament Championship for the 13th time in the past 16 seasons. IWU has appeared in 15 of the past 16 title matches.
- The Wildcats finished play with 10 blocks while the Cougars earned only 3.
COACH MOATS SAYS…
- “The grit and hard work and the heart just came out tremendously tonight. I have not seen us play this well. And Morgan Miller has been that person for us throughout her career. Even with an injury she is still that person. Morgan will put everybody before herself and I believe the blessings have been flowing for her because she is such a strong character. She is the heart of our team.”
UP NEXT FOR VOLLEYBALL
- Indiana Wesleyan earns the Crossroads League’s second automatic bid to the NAIA National Championship with the victory. IWU awaits until Monday when the national office releases the NAIA National Championship field and Opening Round matches.