MARION, Ind – No. 15 Indiana Wesleyan women’s basketball showed up Tuesday, defeating the Golden Eagles of Cornerstone 89-59 in their home opener. Whaley and company allowed just eight points in the second quarter, and five points in the third quarter.
- The IWU bench combined for 42 points led by sophomore Dayton Groninger, who poured in 22 points (Career High), ten rebounds, and seven assists. Stephanie Conradwent 5-of-9 off the bench adding 12 points.
THEY FIXED IT
- Whaley and company shot 51% from the charity line in the first two contests. The Wildcats would make 23 trips tonight knocking down 20, good for 87%.
- Youngstown State transfer Ann Secrest and senior Nicole Ignasiakcombined for 26 points and 13 rebounds. IWU scored 48 paint points in the contest while Cornerstone mustered 20.
- Tonight was a great bounce-back game. There were a lot of areas we wanted to improve upon from the weekend. I thought our toughness and urgency on every possession was the difference in the game.
NEXT TIME OUT
- IWU heads to Richmond, Indiana participating in the First Bank Richmond Classic. The Wildcats will play No.13 Lindsey Wilson on Friday and No.3 Southeastern on Saturday.