GOSHEN, Ind. – No. 20 Indiana Wesleyan University women’s basketball completed a season sweep of Goshen (Ind.) on Wednesday with a 68-55 road victory. Nicole Ignasiak returned to action after a month and a half absence to lead all players with 18 points and 6 rebounds.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Goshen, 68-55
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 17-6, 9-2 Crossroads League | Goshen 1-22, 0-11 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – No. 20 | Goshen – Not ranked
- Location: Gunden Gymnasium | Goshen College | Goshen, Indiana
- Anna Imhoff: 14 point, 4-9 3FG, 4 rebounds
- Brittany Washington: 8 points, 5 rebounds, 7 assists
- Katie Key: 11 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists
- Carly Lange: 8 points, 4-4 FG, 5 rebounds, 2 assists
- Nicole Ignasiak: 18 points, 5-7 FG, 8-11 FT, 6 rebounds, 3 assists
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Goshen used an 11-0 run late in the first quarter and held a 16-14 advantage after the first 10 minutes of play.
- Indiana Wesleyan opened the second quarter with a 14-2 run to build a 28-18 lead. IWU did not trail the rest of the night and earned a game-high 13 point lead two times in the fourth quarter.
- Nicole Ignasiak played for the first time since December 6 vs. Marian. In 17 minutes of action, she finished with game-highs of 18 points and 6 boards.
- The Wildcat defense limited the Maple Leafs to 35-percent shooting (20 of 57) and forced 19 turnovers.
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan returns to Luckey Arena on Saturday afternoon against Bethel (Ind.). Tip-off is set for 1 p.m.