Pilots Attack Spring Arbor in Five Sets
MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College Pilots women’s volleyball team outlasted Spring Arbor on Wednesday evening in the Wiekamp Athletic Center with a five-set win. The Pilots set season-highs in kills and digs in a well-executed match.
- Match Score: Bethel def. Spring Arbor 3-2
- Records: Bethel (10-16, 5-9) | Spring Arbor (16-9, 7-8)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – not rated
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Madyson Beaver: 19 kills, 2 blocks
- Madison Rosenberger: 14 kills, 2 blocks
- Kassandra Williams: 13 kills, 5 blocks
- Payton Anderson: 55 assists, 6 kills, .429 hit pct.
- Bridget Downs: 41 digs
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Pilots totaled 70 kills in the match, their most since hitting for 72 kills on October 9, 2012—a span of 224 matches.
- Madison Rosenberger, Madyson Beaver, and Kassandra Williams continued their strong attacking, combining for 46 kills—the highest total for the trio this season. Beaver tied her career high with 19 kills while Rosenberger set a new career high with 14.
- Payton Anderson finished one assist shy of her career and season high and went over 2,400 career assists with 55 in the match.
- Bridget Downs set a career high with 41 digs.
QUOTES FROM COACH WEISS
- “Satisfying win tonight against Spring Arbor. We did a great job shutting down their top hitters and we played incredible defense.”
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Upland, Indiana to take on Taylor on Wednesday, October 24 at 7:00 pm.