Milwaukee, Wis. The #6 seed Holy Cross College women’s basketball team traveled to Milwaukee, Wis. to take on #2 seed Cardinal Stritch University. The Saints entered tonight’s game with an overall record of 16-15, while riding a 3-game win streak, and the Wolves entered with a 22-8 mark. The Saints fell to the Wolves 80-63. Cardinal Stritch advances to the CCAC Championship to take on Olivet Nazarene. With the loss, women’s basketball ends their season with 16-16 overall record and 12-8 in the CCAC.
Key Notes of the Game:
– Holy Cross shot 40% from the field and 32% from behind the arc
– The Saints defense limited the Wolves to shooting just 38% from the field and 34% from three
– Women’s basketball lost the rebound battle 48-36 and the turnover battle 14-5
By the Numbers:
– Jessica Norris finished with 18 points while connecting on 6 threes and pulled down 6 rebounds
– Alex Forster scored 18 points and dished out 6 assists
– Keysha Streater had a team-high 8 rebounds to go along with 16 points
The Saints finish the 2018-2019 season with an overall record of 16-16, which is a school best. Although the season has come to an end, several Saints are still up for CCAC All-Conference and Academic Honors. Information regarding both will begin at the conclusion of the CCAC women’s basketball championship game.