MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College softball team dropped their first Crossroads League games of the season, losing to Spring Arbor 5-1 in game one and 10-1 in game two. Maribelle Castro had the big hit for the Pilots, with her first career home run.
- Game 1 Score: Spring Arbor def. Bethel 5-1
- Game 2 Score: Spring Arbor def. Bethel 10-1 (5 innings)
- Records: Bethel (3-9, 0-2) | Spring Arbor (9-7, 2-2)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – not rated
- Location: Gardner Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
GAME 1 STAT TRACKER
- Maribelle Castro: 2-2, 2B, HR, RBI, R
- Karis Brewer: 1-3
- Mahri Younger: 0-2, BB, SB
- Danica Mast: 2.0 IP, 0 R, 2 H
GAME 2 STAT TRACKER
- Shelby Prows: 2-2, RBI
- Mahri Younger: 2-2, R
- Haley Stinson: 1-2
- Brooke Stoltz: 5.0 IP, 0 ER, 9 H, 7 K
INSIDE THE BOXSCORES
- Maribelle Castro launched the first home run of her career and the first for the Pilots this season with a solo shot in game one, also adding a double to slug 3.000 on the day.
- Brooke Stoltz took the loss in game two, but did not allow an earned run, as the Pilots allowed 10 unearned runs in the fourth inning.
- The Pilots left seven runners on base in the double header combined.
- The Pilots return to action at Gardner Field on Friday in a double header against Grace with game one set to begin at 3:00 pm.