Mishawaka, Ind. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots held a lead after three quarters, looking for an upset over (RV) Huntington, but were held to two points in the first 8 minutes of the final quarter, and dropped their eighth straight game on Wednesday night.
- Score: Huntington def. Bethel 63-54
- Records: Bethel (6-17, 1-10) | Huntington (14-8, 7-4)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Huntington – No. 31
- Location: Wiekamp Athletic Center | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Kelsey Brickner: 22 pts, 2 stl, 8-10 ft
- Becca Schermerhorn: 7 pts, 3 reb, 3 ast
- Kaitlin Elsasser: 8 pts, 4 reb, 4-5 fg
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Lady Pilots were outrebounded 39-18 and gave up 9 second chance points.
- Huntington’s Brooke Saylor averaged 16.5 points and 17.5 rebounds against the Lady Pilots in the two-game season series.
- Kelsey Brickner scored a game-high 22 points. In two games against the Foresters, she averaged 21.0 points on .609 shooting from the field.
- The Lady Pilots opened the second half on a 12-3 run to take a 38-31 lead. The Foresters used an 18-4 run in the fourth quarter to take their largest lead of the game at 62-48 with 42 seconds remaining.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Pilots hit the road for the first game in a men’s and women’s double header against
No. 20 Indiana Wesleyan in Marion on Saturday at 1pm.
The Pilots compete in 18 intercollegiate sports for men and women. The Bethel College Athletic Department earned the NAIA Champion of Character Five-Star Gold Institution and produced 17 NAIA Scholar-Teams last season. While accumulating 3 NAIA National Championships and 32 NCCAA National Championships by 10 different athletic teams, Bethel has also produced 143 NAIA All-American honors and 309 NAIA Scholar-Athlete honors over the past decade.