MARION, Ind. — Caleb Eder completed a 9th inning rally as Indiana Wesleyan baseball scored three times in their final at bat for the 6-5 win over Goshen (Ind.). IWU trailed by a run with two outs and the bases loaded when Eder hit a 1-0 pitch down the left field line to score the walk-off victory.
- Score: Indiana Wesleyan def. Goshen, 6-5
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 20-23, 6-11 Crossroads League | Goshen 19-20, 8-10 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Not ranked | Goshen – Not ranked
- Location: Wildcat Field | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
- Goshen scored one run in each of the first three innings. But IWU scored once in the 1st and twice in the 2nd inning for a 3-3 game after 3 innings.
- The Maple Leafs took a 5-3 lead in the 7th inning on a Quinlan Armstrong 2-run home run.
- Indiana Wesleyan loaded the bases with one out in the 9th inning. Brandon Shaffer hit a ball to third base that could have potentially been a double play. But Connor Clemens bobbled the ball and one run scored while the bases remained loaded with Goshen clinging to a 5-4 lead.
- After an Andrew Breytenbach foul out, Caleb Eder stepped to the plate with two outs. He hit a 1-0 pitch down the left field line to score two runs and set off a Wildcat celebration in front of the pitchers mound.
- Brady West: 1-for-4, BB, 2 R
- Caleb Eder: 3-for-4, BB, 2 RBI, SB
- Blaine Reed: 1-for-4, HR
- Tanner Killian: 3-for-4, 2B
- Jon Young: 7.0 IP, 7 H, 5 R, 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 K
- Kyle Hall: W, 2.0 IP, 1 H, 0 R, BB, 4 K
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan and Goshen resume their series on Saturday at Wildcat Field. The doubleheader begins at 1 p.m.