MARION, Ind. — Kaisey Carson provided five hits and threw 8.0 scoreless innings during an Indiana Wesleyan softball doubleheader sweep over Huntington (Ind.) on Tuesday at Wildcat Field. The Wildcats won a pair of low scoring affairs with a 3-0 and 2-1 win over the Foresters.
- Score Game 1: Indiana Wesleyan def. Huntington, 3-0
- Score Game 2: Indiana Wesleyan def. Huntington, 2-1
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 26-10, 13-7 Crossroads League | Huntington 16-14, 11-0 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Not ranked | Huntington – Not ranked
- Location: Wildcat Field | Indiana Wesleyan University | Marion, Indiana
GAME 1 HIGHLIGHTS
- Indiana Wesleyan scored the game’s only three runs in the 3rd inning on two hits and one error. Kaisey Carson scored on an error, Kristen Exposito had an RBI single, and Victoria Boyer drew a bases loaded walk.
- Huntington brought the tying run to the plate in each the 6th and 7th innings. Kaisey Carson preserved the shutout and the win with fly outs to end each threat.
- Kaisey Carson: W, 7.0 IP, 6 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 5 K; 2-for-3, 2B, R
- Kristen Exposito: 2-for-3, RBI
GAME 2 HIGHLIGHTS
- Kaisey Carson hit a solo home run in the 3rd inning for the Indiana Wesleyan 1-0 advantage.
- In the 5th inning, Sara Kreitzer came through with a clutch 2-out RBI double to score Carson for the 2-0 Wildcat lead.
- Huntington scored their first run of the day in the 6th inning on a throwing error to cut the deficit in half 2-1.
- The Foresters did not put a runner on base after trimming the score to 2-1.
- Carlie Weaver: W, 6.0 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 2 BB, K; 2-for-3
- Kaisey Carson: 3-for-3, HR, BB, 2 R, RBI; Sv, 1.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan travels to Fort Wayne to battle Saint Francis (Ind.) on Friday in a Crossroads League doubleheader. First pitch is scheduled for 3 p.m.