MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College baseball team could not find the win column against Spring Arbor on Wednesday afternoon, falling in both games of a double header. The Pilots lost 7-3 in game one before being overtaken 14-4 in the nightcap.
- Game 1 Score: Spring Arbor def. Bethel 7-3
- Game 2 Score: Spring Arbor def. Bethel 14-4
- Records: Bethel (9-15, 1-7) | Spring Arbor (15-14, 5-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – not rated
- Location: Jenkins Stadium | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
- Mason Love: 1-4, HR, RBI, 2, 3 BB
- Eric Kelver: 2-8, HR, 3 RBI, R
- Jesse Zepeda: 2-7, 2 R, SB
- Collin Affolder: 2-8, 2 2B, RBI
- Andrew Miranda:1-4, R, 3 BB, SB
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- Tied at 3-3 going into the seventh inning of game one, the Cougars managed to score four runs to take a 7-3 win. The Cougars reached on three straight bunt singles to open the inning, which also included a hit by pitch, sacrifice fly, and a steal of home.
- The Pilots’ pitching or defense could not hold in game two, allowing 14 runs on 18 hits and 8 Pilot errors. After getting to within 9-4 after eight innings, the Pilots allowed five runs in the top of the ninth to drop a 14-4 game.
- Mason Love hit his first home run as a Pilot in the bottom of the eighth inning of game two.
- The Pilots have now lost seven straight games since a 5-0 victory over Indiana Wesleyan on March 16.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Mount Vernon, Ohio for three games in two days on Friday and Saturday to take on the Mount Vernon Nazarene Cougars. First pitch on Friday is scheduled for 4:00 pm while a double header scheduled for Saturday is set to begin at 1:00 pm.