MISHAWAKA, Ind. – The Bethel College softball team dropped both games of a double header against Spring Arbor (Mich.) on Thursday afternoon on a day that saw the Pilots commit 9 errors to lead to 12 unearned runs given up to the Cougars in 12-2 and 5-0 defeats.
- Game 1 Score: Spring Arbor def. Bethel 12-2
- Game 2 Score: Spring Arbor def. Bethel 5-0
- Records: Bethel (2-12, 1-5) | Spring Arbor (6-12, 2-4)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll: Bethel – not rated | Spring Arbor – not rated
- Location: Gardner Field | Bethel College | Mishawaka, Ind.
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- After holding the Cougars out of the hit column for the first three innings of game one, the Pilots gave up three runs in the fourth, two in the fifth, and seven in the sixth inning–the latter by way of four hits and two errors as the Cougars sent 11 batters to the plate in the inning.
- In game two, the Pilots committed two errors in the top of the first to fall behind 1-0 early and runs in the second, fifth, and two in the sixth put the final at 5-0.
- The Pilots finished 8 hits in the double header, and went down 1-2-3 four times in game two.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Pilots travel to Indianapolis on Saturday afternoon to take on No. 2 Marian (Ind.) in a double header, scheduled to start at 1 pm.