Strong First Half Propels Lady Pilots to Victory
LINCOLN, Ill. – The Bethel College Lady Pilots women’s basketball team got back in the win column on Saturday afternoon after jumping out to an 11-point halftime lead to hang on to a 55-51 victory over Lincoln Christian. Kelsey Brickner and Kamala Glenn combined for 32 points and went 15-19 from the free throw line to pace the Lady Pilots.
- Game Score: Bethel def. Lincoln Christian 55-51
- Records: Bethel (5-3) | Lincoln Christian (0-3)
- NAIA Top 25 Coaches’ Poll:Bethel – not rated | Lincoln Christian – not rated
- Location: Gaston Arena | Lincoln Christian University | Lincoln, Ill.
- Kelsey Brickner: 19 pts, 4 reb, 10-11 ft
- Kamala Glenn: 13 pts, 4 reb, 5-8 ft
- Maggie Deboy: 2 pts, 8 reb, 4 stl
- Maci Heimlich: 7 pts, 4 reb, 2 ast
- Kristen Mohn: 7 pts, 3 reb, 1-3 3-pt
INSIDE THE BOXSCORE
- The Lady Pilots jumped out to a 29-18 lead at halftime and held on to a 55-51 win after being outscored 33-26 in the second half.
- The Lady Pilots forced 24 turnovers—fourth-most forced this season and converted them into 22 points off turnovers—second-most this season.
- The Lady Pilots allowed just seven points in the opening quarter, their fewest allowed in the first quarter this season and the sixth time this season allowing 10 or fewer points in a single period.
- Maggie Deboy is averaging 8.0 rebounds per game in her last three games and leads the team with 51 total rebounds—good for top ten individually in the Crossroads League.
NEXT TIME OUT
- The Lady Pilots begin Crossroads League play on Tuesday at 5:00 pm when they travel to Upland, Indiana to take on No. 19 Taylor (Ind.). The Trojans are coached by former Lady Pilots’ head coach Jody Martinez.