Purdue Trio Named NABC All-District
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. – Purdue’s standout trio of Carsen Edwards, Vincent Edwards and Isaac Haas were all named to the NABC All-District 7 teams the organization announced Tuesday.
Purdue was one of seven schools nationally, and the only team in a major conference, to have three players named to the NABC All-District team (Purdue, Gonzaga, College of Charleston, Buffalo, Murray State, Furman, Louisiana).
Carsen Edwards was named to the first team while Vincent Edwards and Haas were tabbed to the second team.
The Boilermakers will face Cal State Fullerton in the first round of the NCAA Tounament, tipping off Friday at 12:40 p.m. ET, on truTV.
Carsen Edwards / Sophomore / Guard / Atascocita, Texas
- Named second-team All-America by USA Today and NCAA.com and a third-team selection by the Sporting News and NBC Sports.
• First-team All-Big Ten by the coaches and media and a first-team unanimous selection by the Associated Press.
• Named a finalist for the Jerry West Award given to the nation’s best shooting guard and one of 15 finalists for the Wooden Award handed out to the nation’s top player.
• First-team all-district by both the NABC and USBWA.
• Two-time Big Ten Player of the Week and National Player of the Week by NCAA.com and USBWA on Feb. 26.
• Leads the team in scoring (18.5 PPG) while contributing 3.9 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game.
• Became first guard since E’Twaun Moore(2011) to be named first-team All-Big Ten and the first Purdue underclassman (FR or SOPH) guard since Rick Mount in 1968 to be named to the first team.
• Already ranks fourth on Purdue’s single-season sophomore scoring list (628 points) and his 13 20-point games rank second among all Big Ten players.
• Needs 12 points to become the seventh player in school history to have 1,000 points in two years at Purdue.
• Is one of two players in school history (Caleb Swanigan) to have at least 600 points and 100 rebounds in a season.
• His 628 points are the 17th most in a season in school history and his 89 3-pointers rank tied for fourth.
Vincent Edwards / Senior / Forward / Middletown, Ohio
- Named first-team all-district by the USBWA, second-team NABC all-district and second-team All-Big Ten.
• Is the only active player nationally with 1,500 points, 700 rebounds, 350 assists and 150 3-pointers made. He needs two assists for 400 in his career to make him one of four players in the last 25 years to have 1,500 points, 750 rebounds, 400 assists and 150 made 3-pointers.
• Is one of six players this year to average 14.0 points, 7.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists while making at least 3-pointers.
• On pace to become the third player in school history (Caleb Swanigan, E’Twaun Moore) to average 14.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists per game in a season.
• Ranks 18th on the school’s career scoring list (1,591 points), eighth on the career rebounds list (755), 12th on assists list (389) and 11th on 3-pointers made list (169).
• His 123 career starts are the third most in school history.
Isaac Haas / Senior / Center / Hokes Buff, Alabama
- Named second-team NABC All-District and third-team All-Big Ten.
- Selected as one of five finalists for the Kareem Abdul-Jabbar Award, given to the nation’s top center.
- Averaging 14.9 points, 5.6 rebounds and 1.4 blocks per game while shooting 62.1 percent from the field and 76.2 percent from the free throw line.
• Ranks 21st on both the career scoring list (1,546) points and rebounding list (633). He is one of seven players in school history with 1,500 points, 600 rebounds and 100 blocked shots.
• Ranks fourth on the career field goal percentage list (.590) and his 62.1 percent this year as a senior ranks seventh all-time at Purdue.
• Only player nationally since 2010-11 season to have scored 1,500 career points in under 20.0 minutes per game, averaging 18.0 minutes per game for his career.