SPRING ARBOR, Mich. — Kyle Harris was hit by a pitch with the bases loaded in the 9th inning as Spring Arbor (Mich.) defeated Indiana Wesleyan baseball 5-4 on Tuesday night. Spring Arbor finishes a three game sweep of Indiana Wesleyan as the Wildcats have dropped six straight games.
- Score: Spring Arbor def. Indiana Wesleyan, 5-4
- Records: Indiana Wesleyan 18-19, 4-7 Crossroads League | Spring Arbor 13-18, 6-5 Crossroads League
- NAIA Top- 25 Rank: Indiana Wesleyan – Not ranked | Spring Arbor – Not ranked
- Location: Burbridge Field | Spring Arbor University | Spring Arbor, Michigan
- Indiana Wesleyan jumped out to a 3-0 lead in the top of the 1st inning. Brandon Shaffer had a two-run double and Ryan Bixler hit a RBI ground out for the three run inning.
- The IWU lead did not last long as Spring Arbor scored two runs in the 1st and 2nd innings to gain a 4-3 advantage.
- The Wildcats tied the score at 4-4 on a RBI ground out off the bat of Andrew Breytenbach in the 3rd inning.
- The score remained tied at 4 until the bottom of the 9th inning when David Corbin entered in relief for the Wildcats. SAU led of the frame with a single and a sac bunt. There was an intentional walk followed by a strikeout. A double steal led to another intentional walk to load the bases. SAU’s Kyle Harris was hit by a pitch to score the walk-off winner for the Cougars.
- Jordan Wharton: 3-for-4, 2B, BB, SB, R
- Brandon Shaffer: 2-for-5, 2B, 2 RBI, 2 R
- Caleb Eder: GS, 1.2 IP, 5 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 2 K; 1-for-2, 2B, 2 BB
- Zee Breytenbach/Kyle Hall: 6.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 1 K
NEXT TIME OUT
- Indiana Wesleyan opens a three game series at Taylor (Ind.) on Thursday. The IWU-TU Rivalry Game sponsored by Marion General Hospital will be a single 9-inning game on Thursday with a 6 p.m. start time in Upland.